Scheme for Working Women’s Hostel: A scheme to promote housing for working women, with day care facilities for their children, in urban, semi-urban or even rural areas where there are employment opportunities for women. To see housing schemes and hostel list for women across India and Gujarat in urban, semi-urban or even rural areas.
Employed women, women undergoing job training may also be included. Special preference may be given to women from underprivileged sections of the society. There is also a provision to reserve seats for physically challenged beneficiaries.
Fare for Working Women Hostel:
- For single bed room – Maximum 15% of gross salary
- For double bed room – Maximum 10% of gross salary
- For Dormitories – Maximum 7.5% of gross salary
- For availing day care center facilities for children – Maximum 5% of gross salary of mother or actual
- expenditure whichever is less.
Scheme for Working Women Hostel
- For women under training
- The fare for women under training for employment should not exceed the fare charged to working women.
- The fare of such trainees may be collected from the institution/organization sponsoring the training or from the woman.
Tenure of stay for Working Women Hostel
- No working woman is allowed to stay in an aided hostel under this scheme for more than 3 years. In exceptional circumstances, the District Administration may, for reasons to be recorded in writing, allow working women to stay in hostels beyond a period of 3 years, subject to the condition that the period of extension shall not exceed 6 months at a time. , and the total stay of that woman, including extensions, should not exceed 5 years.
Benefits of Working Women Hostel Scheme
- Safe and secure hostel facilities for working women or women undergoing job training
- Girls up to 18 years and boys up to 5 years, working mothers will be accommodated with their mother.
- Working mothers can also avail the services of day care centers
Eligibility for Working Women Hostel
- Following categories are covered under this scheme to working women and their children:
- Working women, who may be single, widowed, divorced, separated, married but whose husband or immediate family does not live in the same city/area. Special preference may be given to women from underprivileged sections of the society. There should also be provision for reserving seats for physically challenged beneficiaries.
Income Limit, Rent and Duration of Stay for Working Women Hostel
- Working women are entitled to hostel facilities if their gross income is Rs. Not more than Per month in metropolitan cities Rs. 50,000/- consolidated (gross) or anywhere else, per month Rs. 35,000/- Consolidated (Gross). When the income of any working woman already staying in the hostel exceeds the prescribed limit, she has to vacate the hostel within six months of crossing the income limit.
Exclusion from Scheme for Working Women Hostel
- When the income of any working woman already staying in the hostel exceeds the prescribed limit, she has to vacate the hostel within 6 months of crossing the income limit.
Application Procedure for Scheme for Working Women Hostel
- Women can check the list of hostels for working women through the given link-https://wcd.nic.in/sites/default/files/wwhlistdtd09112012.pdf
- Then they can physically visit the respective hostel of choice.
- Once, she fulfills all the criteria of the scheme, she needs to fill the form with employee details, family details, income details, employment details etc.
- Once the form is filled, the necessary documents need to be attached to the form and submitted to the hostel committee.
Documents required for Working Women Hostel
- aadhar card,
- Address Proof – Passport/Passport Verification, Driving License, Water ID Card, Water Bill/ Connection, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Vehicle Registration, Land Valuation/Holding/Record Certificate, Post Office/Bank Passbook, Photo Identity Card with address (only of Central Govt/PSU or State Govt/PSU)
- Income certificate
- Download the application: Click here
- Hostels women for list: Click here